Detective Spooner: You have no idea what I had to go through to clip this thing John.
警探斯普纳:约翰,你不知道我费了多大劲才捉到那个东西
Lieutenant John: Ya, I get it now. You actually think you brought me something good.
警尉约翰:是啊,我知道了。你竟然自以为你带了个好东西给我。
Detective Spooner : That thing did it.
警探斯普纳:是那个东西干的
Lieutenant John: Keep your voice down. Did what? We have a suicide, detective. End of story.
警尉约翰:小声点!什么谁干的。 不过就是个自杀案,警探。案子结束。
Detective Spooner : I am telling you,that robot killed him.
警探斯普纳:我是在跟你说,是那个机器人杀了他。
Lieutenant John: I'm telling you that's impossible. And if it is possible, it sure as hell better be in somebody else's precinct.
警尉约翰:我是在跟你说,那是不可能的,即使可能的话,那也就好是在别人的管辖区里
Detective John: John, give me five minutes with him.
警探斯普纳:约翰,就给我和他五分钟的时间
Lieutenant John: What? Are you nuts? I just got off the phone with the DA.Nobody goes into that room until Robertson and his lawyers get here.
警尉约翰:什么?你疯了吗? 我刚跟上头通过电话。在罗布森(机器人生产商CEO)和他的律师团到来之前不准任何人到审问室里。
Detective Spooner : No, this is my suspect!
警探斯普纳:不行!这可是我的嫌疑犯啊!
Lieutenant John: It's a can opener, for Christ sake!
警尉约翰:它不过就是个开罐头的(对机器人的蔑称),看在基督教徒的份上吧拜托你了。
Detective Spooner : Don't do this to me,I am asking you for 5 minutes.
警探斯普纳:别对我这样做,我就要求你五分钟的时间
Detective Spooner : What if I'm right?
警探斯普纳:万一我是对的呢?
Lieutenant John: Well, then I guess we're going to miss the "good old days"
警尉约翰:(头疼)如果是这样的话,那我猜想我们得怀念那些当初美好的时代了
Detective Spooner : What "good old days"?
警探斯普纳:什么“当初美好的时代”?
Lieutenant John: When people were killed by other people.
警尉约翰:当人类只是被其他人类杀害的时代
Lieutenant John: Five minutes.
警尉约翰:(语带妥协地把文件交给警探斯普纳并严正警告)就五分钟哦。
警探斯普纳对警探约翰眨了下右眼,被在审问室里的新型机器人觉察到了。
警探斯普纳进入了审问室。
在审问室内,警探斯普纳把死者的照片放在桌面上给机器人看,机器人很好奇地看着这些照片
Detective Spooner: Murder's a new trick for a robot. Congratulations. .
警探斯普纳:(语带讽刺)谋杀对机器人来说算是个新花样了啊,恭喜你。
机器人听了这话后立即推开这些照片,表情嫌恶
Detective Spooner: Respond
警探斯普纳:回应我。
Robot Sonny: What does this action signify? [Winks] As you walked in the room, when you looked at the other human. What does it mean? [Winks]
机器人桑尼:(眨着右眼)这个动作代表着什么?就是在你走进室里前,你看着另一个人类的时候。(再次眨着右眼)这个是什么意思呢?
Detective Spooner: It's a sign of trust. It's a human thing. You wouldn't understand.
警探斯普纳:那是代表“相信我吧”。这是人类的事,你不会明白的
Robot Sonny: My father tried to teach me human emotions. They are... difficult.
机器人桑尼:我的父亲尝试教会我人类情感。这些。。。很难
Detective Spooner: You mean your designer.
警探斯普纳:你的意思是说你是个设计师(设计机器人的感情特征)
Robot Sonny: Yes.
机器人桑尼:是的。
Detective Spooner: So, why'd you murder him?
警探斯普纳:那你为什么杀他?
Robot Sonny: I did not murder Dr. Lanning.
机器人桑尼:我并没有杀害兰宁博士。
Detective Del Sponner: Wanna explain why you were hiding at the crime scene?
警探斯普纳:那你要解释为什么你躲在案发现场吗?
Robot Sonny: I was frightened.
机器人桑尼:我当时吓到了。
Detective Spooner: Robots don't feel fear. They don't feel anything. They don't eat, they don't sleep-
警探斯普纳:机器人是不会感觉害怕的。他们不会感觉任何东西。他们不吃,他们不睡。
Robot Sonny: I do. I have even had dreams.
机器人桑尼:(打断)我会的。我甚至还会做梦。
Detective Spooner: Human beings have dreams. Even dogs have dreams, but not you, you are just a machine. An imitation of life.
警探斯普纳:(驳斥)人类才会做梦,甚至连狗都会,但不会是你,你只不过是个机器。一个生命的模仿者。
Detective Spooner: Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?
警探斯普纳:(语调高昂)试问一个机器人能写出一段交响乐吗?一个机器人能将一个画板。。。。变成大师级的艺术品吗?
Robot Sonny: [With genuine interest] Can you?
机器人桑尼:(真诚地感兴趣)你能吗?
接下来请欣赏 警探斯普纳无言以对的经典尴尬表情。。。。
笑话结束,如果你有兴趣的话可以继续看下去。。。。
Detective Spooner: I think you murdered him because he was teaching you to simulate emotions and things got out of control.
警探斯普纳:(转移话题)我认为你杀害他的原因是因为他当时在教你模拟情绪的时候而突然某些事失控了
Robot Sonny: I did not murder him.
机器人桑尼:(不悦)我并没有杀他。
Detective Spooner: But emotions don't seem like a very useful simulation for a robot.
警探斯普纳:(不理会)但模拟情感对机器人来说不像是有什么用啊
Robot Sonny: [getting upset] I did not murder him.
机器人桑尼:(逐渐愤怒)我并没有杀他。
Detective Spooner: Hell, I don't want my toaster or my vacuum cleaner appearing emotional-
警探斯普纳:(刻意语带讽刺)真可怕呀,我才不要我的烤面包机或吸尘机表现出什么情感-
Robot Sonny: [hitting table with his fists] I DID NOT MURDER HIM!
机器人桑尼:(暴怒并用拳头敲打桌子)我并没有杀他!
机器人桑尼忽然意识到什么,好奇地思考刚才愤怒时所表现的动作。
Detective Spooner: That one's called anger. Ever simulate anger before?
警探斯普纳:(认为机器人中了圈套,继续逼问)这个就叫做愤怒。你是否曾经有模拟过愤怒?
Detective Spooner: [Robot Sonny is not listening] Answer me, canner!
警探斯普纳:(发现机器人并没有在听)回答我啊,你这个开罐头的!
Robot Sonny: [looks up, indignant] My name is Sonny.
机器人桑尼:(一脸不悦)我的名字叫做桑尼。
Detective Spooner: So, we're naming you now. Is that why you murdered him? He made you angry?
警探斯普纳:(冷笑)哦,我们现在还为你取名字呢?这是不是为什么你杀害他的原因?他当时激怒你了?
Robot Sonny: Dr. Lanning killed himself. I don't know why he wanted to die. I thought he was happy. Maybe it was something I did. Did I do something? He asked me for a favor... Made me promise...
机器人桑尼:兰宁博士是自杀的。我不知道为什么他要寻死。我以为他当时是快乐的。可能是由于我做了些什么,而我是做了什么呢?他要求我为他做一件事。。。并要我承诺他。。。
Detective Spooner: What favor?
警探斯普纳:做什么?
Robot Sonny: Maybe I was wrong... Maybe he was scared...
机器人桑尼:可能我是错的,可能他在害怕
Detective Spooner: What are you talking about? Scared of what?
警探斯普纳:你在说什么?害怕什么?
Robot Sonny: You have to do what someone asks you, don't you, Detective Spooner?
机器人桑尼:你必须得做别人要求你做的事,对吗?警探斯普纳?
Detective Spooner: How the hell do you know my name?
警探斯普纳:你到底是怎么知道我的名字的?
Robot Sonny: Don't you? If you love them?
机器人桑尼:(一脸温情)对吗?如果你爱他们的话?